CEO

CEO
Karmae Cipriotti Fahr, CEO, The Fahr Group

September 30, 2015

Your Best PR

Brenda is an effervescent employee, if I ever met one.  She works at my favorite coffee shop and takes great care to make sure I have the freshest, tastiest java.  “You always make my morning,” I told her. “Your upbeat attitude helps us all.”   “I love this place!” she exclaimed.  Well…   a comment like that has ‘retention’ written all over it so my consulting curiosity kicked in.  “What makes you say that?” I asked while performing my coffee mixology.  Brenda was even more excited to share with me her employment experience: headquarters looking out for employees, management praising workers, and “the big boss” coming in to wash dishes. 

Please note that this coffee shop is not a one-store operation where oversight would be very manageable.  The company has over 650 stores and employs thousands of workers in multi-state locations.  What makes this company continue to grow at a rapid pace and produce loyal employees?  It is my guess that “the big boss” does not have time to wash dishes but he is very smart to make time.  This is a classic example of Servant Leadership: a strong focus on the mission and a caring heart for employees.  Christ demonstrated the supreme example of Servant Leadership.  Every action He took had a strong focus for the mission and a caring heart for His followers.

How would you describe your Servant Leadership?  Like Brenda, are your employees exuberant and your best PR? 

No comments: